1935 Auburn 851 Speedster Plum Burgundy 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1935 Auburn 851 Speedster Plum Burgundy die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Steerable wheels.
- Made of diecast with some plastic parts.
- Opening doors and engine compartment.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-11.5, W-4.25, H-3.5 inches.
- Auburn Motor Company produced vehicles out of Auburn, Indiana from 1900 through 1937. Though many of their vehicles are highly sought after collector cars today, none are as iconic and memorable as the 851 Speedster.
- Joining the Auburn Motor Company in 1934, Gordon Buehrig set forth to design what many consider his masterpiece, the 851 Speedster. The sweeping lines and the low boattail rear end influenced vehicles such as the 1963-67 Chevy® Corvette® and the 1971-73 Buick® Riviera™. Its voluptuous good looks were stoutly backed up with impressive performance from the supercharged Lycoming eight-cylinder engine producing 150hp. For 1935, this was absolutely top-tier. Pairing this power with a Columbia dual-ratio rear axle meant one thing ... speed. The 851 Speedster was the first car to exceed 100mph for 12 hours straight. In fact, it was guaranteed to exceed that speed directly from the factory. Today, it is one of the most collectible American vehicles.
Length: 8.0000 inch X Length: 4.0000 inch X Length: 7.0000 inch X
We Also Recommend
Barricade Custom Police Car From "Transformers" Movie 1/24 Diecast Model Car by Jada Metals
Mechanic's Corner "Hot Pursuit" Central Command "California Highway Patrol" (CHP) Diorama for 1/64 Scale Models by Greenlight
George Barris Ice Cream Truck "Daisy Bell" Custom Persimmon Red Pearl Limited Edition to 4652 pieces Worldwide "Johnny Lightning 50th Anniversary" 1/64 Diecast Model Car by Johnny Lightni
George Barris Munsters Koach Black 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld